Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

My goodness. Is it really July? Feels like February here in the PNW (Pacific Northwest), 66 degrees and overcast. One of the weathermen calls it Feb-uly. Please.

It has been an intense past couple of months.

My Dad passed away on June 17. He had been diagnosed with Ideopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) several years ago. I'm going to miss him more than I'm ready to admit right now. My Dad was more than my Dad, he was my buddy, my shipmate.

We've set up a website (still a work in progress) to help raise awareness for this disease and to help raise money in his honor.

www.firstgiving.com/leoncotey

My Dad gave me what was left of his seam rippers and other custom woodturned sewing items. Little by little I'll get them listed on my site, but I'd really like to have the proceeds go to him via his site. So, I'll have to figure that out and take pictures so you can see how wonderful those tools are.

I've gotten a lot of new items in and have been working like a fiend on some personal things and have gotten behind on my business, so please forgive me. I've been distracted.

So, please have a safe & happy 4th of July. If you still have your Dad, please give him a hug and tell him you love him. Dad, I really miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment